Saturday, August 22, 2009

Goodbye Swaddle

Okay, last post about Whitney's sleep habits, or lack there of. Just thought I would let you all know I decided to stop the swaddle and I put her on her tummy to sleep. She went to sleep a lot easier, I put her down and she was asleep. Done. No up and down for an hour. She slept for six hours, ate and was sound asleep, heavy breathing and all that good stuff. Sounds like a happy ending, right? A burp was stuck which made her squirm until it finally came out. After all that she was wide awake and rejuvenated. We were awake for TWO HOURS! That's all right. Once in a great while that happens. It's not usually two hours, but I'll live because I know when she goes back down she has a good four hours in her. She's been back to sleep for over three hours now and I expect another hour out of her.

Ahhh, relief. I figured out what to do about bed time and I'm not too worried about her face planting in the crib. At least on her tummy she can roll to her back if she wants to, but I doubt she wants to. She can't roll back to front, doesn't even seem close, so I'll just continue to put her on her tummy. It's how she naps, it's what works. Done.

And the cereal is still a hit. She gobbled it up and wanted more after it was all gone. May have to make bigger bowls.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are figuring out and doing what works for YOUR baby...Mom knows best :)

    ReplyDelete