Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Day in Our Life

I got the inspiration from my friend over at The Story of Us.  This is our day, morning to night.  I did jot down our day because I knew I would never remember what time we did what.  I can't explain why or how but it made me kind of grumpy to think about what we were doing every minute of the day.   Like in my head I would think.... "8:30 start laundry,  8:35 take a drink of coffee...  But, it will be kind of fun to share our day and then later look back upon this and laugh, or cry, I'm not sure!  A detailed look at our day.........

3:00 am- Ellie wakes up.  I don't normally go to her when she whimpers at night but she cried out pretty loudly like she was upset about something.  Sat with her for a few minutes and she went
 back to bed.  Thankfully I was able to fall asleep as well.  I usually have a hard time going back to bed in the middle of the night.

7:10am- Whitney is up.  She has had a morning cough so as she comes in to get me and we head out to the kitchen she coughs Ellie awake.  Grab Ellie too and hit start on the coffee maker.  Sit with Whitney as she has her morning milk.  Help her go potty and get dressed.  Did not keep the diaper dry last night.  That's a 50/50 chance.

7:30am- breakfast of  brown sugar cinnamon toast and yogurt.  Whitney eats very little of it.  not surprising.   I bring the netbook to the table and do my morning internet check.  After the girls eat I can usually sit at the table myself and finish breakfast and check websites for a little while.

8:30am-  the girls are both dressed, head down to the basement to start laundry and hang out down there for a while

9:15am- talk to my sister for about 25 minutes (in the basement) while the girls played

10:00am- I finally get dressed and get the trash can to the side of the road about 15 minutes before the garbage truck came by

10:26am- head out the door to go to Wal-Mart to pick out a birthday present for Whitney's friend

10:27am- back inside because I can see that Whitney has to pee and I forgot to make her go before we left

10:30am- at Wal-Mart and Ellie is an animal.  She is so curious and excited about everything and will not sit in the cart and will not let me carry her.  I am thankful I have a babysitter and do all my grocery shopping when she watches the girls.   Today panic set in that I am going to have to grocery shop with the two of them again in the very near future.  May have to work something out with Wade's schedule!

11:30am- make lunch of grilled cheese sandwich while dealing with two whiney kids.  Ellie starts to get so tired she doesn't know whether to eat or fall asleep in her chair.

11:52am- Ellie is out

Noon- Whitney and I eat lunch.  I eat the discarded grilled cheese and Whitney decides she wants a cold hot dog.  Whatever.  Clean up, etc.

12:40pm- send out mail, with Whitney's "help"

1:00pm- tighten knobs on the drawers, only because the screwdriver was right above the drawer knobs that were loose.  Play "hide the puppy" with Whitney.  I hide a stuffed dog and Whitney comes in the living room to find it.  She loves it.  It's a quiet game.  Win win.

1:40pm- paint Whitney's toenails pink "just like mommy's",  Ellie stirs, must have heard us.

2:00pm- chips and dip snack on the kitchen floor with Whitney

2:15pm- Ellie is up.

2:30pm- change a poopy diaper and a very uncooperative Ellie

3:00pm-  coats on to play outside

3:30pm- back inside because the wind is darn chilly.  Snack time.

4:15pm- change another poopy diaper.  Again, uncooperative.

4:30pm- catch Whitney trying to sleep on the couch.  Too late for that.  Get her up and head downstairs for more laundry.  The cool basement air snaps her out of her sleepiness.  Go up and down the stairs a million times as Ellie has learned she can scoot down the steps on her bottom.

5:45pm- leftover ham and scalloped potatoes for dinner

6:00pm- pour a glass of wine and clean up.  The girls played in the kitchen sink while we Skyped with daddy.  Well, it all started with cleaning Whitney's muddy shoes and Ellie just had to be on the chair too, so I got her her own chair and then had to call Wade to show them what a mess they were.

7:20pm- bath time and pajamas

8:00pm- milk for Whitney and a bottle for Ellie.  That was the last of her formula.  Last bottle for Ellie.  In the last few days she has been really excited for her night time bottle and seems attatched to that part of her routine.  Great.  Tomorrow night will be fun.

8:20pm- quickly brush Ellie's teeth, kiss from sister and off to bed.

8:30pm- brush Whitney's teeth and she is off to bed.

8:37pm- clean up

8:45pm- sit down, blog

9:30pm- I'm going to add a few pictures and it's off to bed!   You can tell I'm tired, my commentary is getting shorter and shorter for each time slot!  And we're all sick again so who knows what the next few nights will bring.  Coffee in the morning, that's for sure!  And Ellie's crying already....

1 comment:

  1. I think you are super woman! I know us moms do what we got to do but doing it all day with out a nap break. I still feel very lucky that L takes a nap. She loves her sleep like her momma!! But I think Mister is learning some HORRIFIC bedtime habits with all the night waking he does b/c of his pain. I am pretty sure he will never sleep through the night;) HA!
    I love the quiet activities that you do with Whitney:) You so fun!
    Been thinking about how this is your last month in the area. Soon your family will all be together again--YAY!! HUGS to you all!