Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ellison- 7 Months

Ellie continues to be my sweet happy baby girl.  I am so lucky to have such an easy going baby.  She contently plays by herself sucking away on her pacifier.  In the last few weeks she has developed an attatchment to pacifiers.   It looks strange to me, but traveling and just hanging out around the house is even more peaceful now than it was before.  Ellie loves Whitney to pieces and just smiles and giggles when Whitney is being silly. Ellie continues to be a mama's girl and will immediately quiet and smile after she is handed to me when Wade is trying to watch her.  The other day I showered and Wade said she just sat outside the door, knowing I was in there.

Stats-  Ellie is around 17lbs.  She wears a size 3 diaper and 6-12 month clothing.

Sleep-  getting better.  Now that we are over ANOTHER cold and I had to be mean mommy, she goes to bed around 8:30 and will wake between 4 and 5, I will nurse her then and she will sleep another 2-3hrs.  I can live with that for now.  If we are home she will take a morning and afternoon nap.  If we are on the go she will catch little naps when she can and then take one good one mid day.  I have started to just put her in her bed for naps and she crys it out for a few minutes.  If I don't she will just go and go and get cranky.  That also helps for the middle of the night when wakes up, it doesn't take as long for her to cry it out then.  I keep some pacifiers in her crib so somtimes she will find those during the night.

Eating-  the same as before.  She will not take more than 4 oz at a time.  She is primarily on breast milk but will continue to take formula if necessary to supplement at the end of the day.  Still only wants a bottle during the day, which suits me.  It is pretty nice not to have to sit down to nurse when we are out.  Which is funny because when I exclusively nursed Whitney I thought that was the easy way to go.    She eats twice a day plus a few snack items like puffs, yogurt melts, crackers, etc.  She is not crazy about fruit but does well with vegetables.   She likes to drink water straight out of a cup but I don't do that often because she spills it down her shirt.

Milestones-  not too many new tricks.  She is getting a little more stable as she stands and plays, which is a few less bruises to the forehead.  She is starting to let go to try to stand alone, that doesn't last but a second or two.  She can slowly furniture cruise.  She can crawl incredibly fast and will venture all over the house, especially if we have left the room and she is trying to keep up.  She can feed herself small pieces of food, she has learned to open her fist to get the food in there.  Nice, but kind of dangerous because now I REALLY have to keep on no small objects or food pieces dropped on the floor.   She has one bottom left tooth with the other bottom tooth through the gums.  She is starting to experiment with sounds, with baa baa baa being her favorite.   I have heard ma ma ma a few times, but not in reference to me.  She is also fond of EEEEE!! She sounds like mini me off of Goldmember.


pictures to add later......

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just LOVE watching your kiddos giggle together? It makes everything worth it when I am having a bad day just to hear them together! It's funny, I would say Maxwell is on the same sleep schedule and he is a Momma's boy, too! How fun!

    ReplyDelete