Friday, July 29, 2011

Five Minute Friday

Hello Friday!!  I love you today!!!  I am home alone with Ellie and it is MARVELOUS!!!  We have a Welsh family reunion this weekend so Wade left a little early and took Whitney with him.  I love my little Whit Whit but it is nice to have quiet time with Ellie and to get stuff done at home.  I have a list a mile long that is slowly getting checked off.  I would be getting more done had I not had a tooth ache that needed emergency attention.  The root of my top front tooth next to my big tooth has been tender periodically for years.  I assumed it was tender because of having braces and tooth movement.  And most recently I thought it was starting to get sore again because I have been less than consistent with wearing my retainer.  Two days ago it really started to hurt and my gums got red and sore.  It hurt so bad last night I wanted to throw up.  This morning I go to the dentist (in Ankeny because that's the closest practice that accepts our insurance) and find out that I need a root canal.  YIKES!!!  The kicker is that they can't get me in until Aug 9.  I'm beginning to think I should have gotten dentures instead of braces, I do not have the strongest most healthiest teeth.

Now, on to Ellie.  She is mobile now.  Not in a crawl across the room mobile, but she can rock on her hands and knees and throw herself forward to get what she wants.  Interesting.  She is for sure at least a month ahead of Whitney's mobility.   She seems to be my active grabby baby.   She is the reason I am home alone with her.  We are in the middle of a sleep battle.  I started sleep training her (again) a few nights ago.  She was getting better but dramatically regressed and is going through that seperation crying as soon as I lay her down.  One night she woke up e.v.e.r.y h.o.u.r.   We have been doing the cry it out method.  No going in every few minutes to let her know I'm here, just strict cry it out.  That's what seems to be working for her, which is funny because with Whitney I had to do the Ferber method(periodic checking)  Last night was the best night.  She went to bed at 9, woke up at 11:45, cried for two minutes and then slept until 4.  I hope I win this one, I've been sleep deprived for far too long!!

1 comment:

  1. I'll be thinking of you, this is the roughest part... We Iowa girls need to stick together (yep, from Iowa, though I'm a hawkeye) :)

    ReplyDelete