Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Weekend Fun

My parents came for the weekend and we had lots of fun!  We went to the zoo, played in the sprinklers, Wade and my Dad went golfing twice (and the girls got to go out on the course and ride in the golf cart as they came around our house), took the girls to a splash pad, got Orange Leaf "ice cream" and did some furniture shopping for our formal living room.  Then Monday late afternoon we checked out the Platte River State Park.  They have cabins that I just may be able to camp in!



the gorillas there were awesome.  I had never seen a gorilla in person.  I could have stayed there for hours, I find them so fascinating.  I did feel bad for them, some of them (like this guy) seemed so sad.   They had quite a few of them, pretty cool.  We have been to the zoo twice now and still haven't seen everything. 



Ellie only likes to hold sister's hand now. 

85ft tower at the state park.  we got to the top and Ellie was running all over and trying to climb up the chain link wall.  She is an animal.  We didn't stay up there long.

always has to pick up sticks

Whitney thought it was so cool to ride in a paddle boat just like Caliou.   It will be nice when we can trust Ellie and take her out there too.

I think I'll have to print this picture and the next one!








1 comment: