Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Ellison- 15 Months


Ellie bear is 15 months today.  Time could stand still at this age (almost).  For both the girls, actually.   I love that at 15 months they have the budding intelligence of a toddler but the tiny cuteness of a baby.


She continues to be so silly.  She finds happiness and humor in everything she does.  Unless she is determined to have or do something her way, she is usually smiley and happy to explore on her own.  Her little toddler temper is starting to show on occasion, but for the most part she is mild mannered.  She is EXTREMELY busy and always into something.  She just does. not. stop.  I think that's why she actually sleeps so well is because she is so busy all the time while she is awake.  I cannot turn my back to her or she is up on the chairs on her way up to the kitchen table.  She is in every cabinet.  I have yet to fully put our bathroom away because every time I think something is "safe" Ellie has shown me that it is not.  She is slowly starting to learn/remember what things are "no".  For the most part she knows better but will still test me to see if I am watching or if I will tell her no again.  I finally got her to understand that it is not okay to pull all my shirts off their hangers.


she likes to walk holding hands.  She thinks she is big stuff.  Strollers are for babies (and well behaved 3 year olds like big sister finally is!)


washing dishes.  They like to put bubbles on their faces and say "ho, ho, ho!"


my paci monster.  She has named them "mimi" or "mee mee" however you want to spell it.  Don't know where she got that from, but that's what she calls them and can ask for them.  I give it to her way too often.  With Wade being gone it was easier to put a plug in her whining mouth and when we went out I let her have it because it kept her from putting disgusting toys in her mouth.  And of course she has to sleep with them.  About 3-4 of them so she can always find one.


Milestones-  basically just adding to her vocabulary.  I wrote down everything I could think of that she can say and she is up to 80+ words.  She can repeat almost anything, but 80+ words are in her usable vocabulary.  It is sooo helpful that she can say what she wants.  "bite, drink, milk, more, mimi, hold you, book, shoes, blanky," etc.  If she wants to do something that one of us is doing she will say "too!"  She has recently learned "please (peas to her)" and is even starting to use it when asking for something.  "bite! bite!  peas!"   She has started to string together small sentences.  When looking for something she asks "are you"  or "sissy, are you?"  She can tell us what she wants a bite of, "bite, cheese."  She can accurately answer yes, no or I do to a question.  You can tell she knows exactly what we say to her.  She adds eee to the ends of words as in water is wawee, chips are chipys, Whitney is Nee Nee.

She loves books.  Loves to look at them by herself or have them read to her.

She can point to all her body parts and can say most of them as well.

She is such a climber.  She can climb what I call ladder walls at the park.  Whitney didn't even attempt those until she was at least two.  She is pretty social and a little show off.  She will be shy at first but gets over it quickly.  She is such a mama's girl.  Not that she wants me to hold her, she just wants to know I am around. 

She is very observant and you can just tell she watches and listens to everything and is figuring out how things work.  She wants to do everything big sister does. (except watch cartoons, I wish she would sometimes!)

She is obsessed with animals.  Especially dogs.  She goes nuts when she sees a dog and just has to touch it and "woof" at it.

She likes songs.  She can sing "ashes, ashes, down!"  If we say McDonalds, as in the place to eat, she hears us and sings "e i, e i, ooo!"  She likes to row her boat and sings "row, row, row!"

Eating-  great eater.  I wish she would drink more liquids.  She loves Rolos (roro's) and can ask for them.  Now, who would give her Rolo's ?!?! 

Sleep-  She naps once a day around noon for 2-3 hrs.  I actually prefer 2-2.5 hr nap so she sleeps better at night.  Bedtime is about 8:30/8:45 and she wakes around 7.  However, the brighter it is earlier in the morning the earlier the mowers are out on the golf course, so that has been waking her up earlier than she normally would be up.  Today they were out at 5:45am, ugh!  She sleeps all night through and puts herself to sleep.  She won't even let me hold her even when I want to.  She dives for the crib and isn't happy until I put her down.

Stats- still about 21lbs, 12-18 month clothes.  Size 3 diaper.  Size 5 shoe.  12 teeth, just waiting on the four eye teeth. Blonde hair with a slight curl to the ends and blue eyes.  Sometimes I look at her and I can see my niece Alaina when she was a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment