Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sleep Update

I pretty much gave up on the sleep training, so I guess I basically tortured her for those few nights. Either that or I figured out she will not cry it out. I have gone back to nursing her back to sleep. Some nights she only wakes up once or on a rare occasion like last night it was four times. At least now she immediately goes back to bed. Before she would wake up the second she hit the crib and we had to start all over again. As Emily suggested maybe she had a little ear infection that cleared up on it's own? Maybe it was a period of very light sleeping? I'm hoping this waking up thing is just a phase and will work itself out on it's own. Either that or she's going to have a rude awakening when we are done breastfeeding in a few months! Yesterday I noticed another tooth had come through, so maybe it has been teething all along??? Parenting!!!! Thank heavens I'm a SAHM, I couldn't imagine functioning at work after waking up all night.

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand your pain... Jackson still wakes up in the middle of the night (last night he cried from 2:15-3:15). It's hard to totally ignore it... right now he is waking (we think), because of a really wet diaper. We change it, sometimes he goes right to bed, other nights, he wakes up. We can't change anything about his diapers, because he gets a flaming diaper rash. We just have to deal with it.

    Good luck! It will get better. At least, that's what I keep telling myself!!

    ReplyDelete