Sunday, July 18, 2010

Change of Command

On Friday we had Wade's Change of Command ceremony. It's a relief for Command to be over, it's a lot of long hours and hard work, but I'm sure it's bittersweet for Wade to hand over his job and say goodbye to all the men and women he worked with for last 17 months. Now in a few short weeks we will be moved up to Ames, IA so Wade can get another master's degree in the fall. We are SO excited to move back, even it is only for about 18 months. This is us last February when Wade took Command. I believe I was about 28wks pregnant at this time.
At the Award Presentation before the ceremony








Passing on the Company flag to the new Commander




I got a dozen red roses and Whitney got balloons. She thought balloons were much cooler than flowers!













1 comment:

  1. YAY! Congrats on being able to check that off the list of "things that must be done in the army" list! Good luck on the packing and moving and unpacking. I'm so happy for you guys that you'll be so close to family and I'm definitely jealous :)!

    ReplyDelete