Monday, April 4, 2011

What's Up at Home

Ellie is six weeks tomorrow!!! I LOVE that she is getting older and out of the newborn stage. She is finally sleeping longer at night. We're up to 5-7 hrs for her first stretch. If she goes to bed later like 9pm or after, that means I only have to get up once during the night!! LOVE IT!! She is turning into a tank, I believe she is up to 10lbs at least. Much more fun to cuddle a chubby baby than a skinny newborn! I still struggle with breastfeeding with her some days. You would think I would get that figured out by now. Bottles work well with her, so I should try to stick with that during the day than trying to figure out if she's hungry or full while she's nursing and getting mad at me. She has started to coo and sounds like a little morning dove and she smiles in response to your smile.

Whitney was sick last week with a fever and sore mouth so that was so NOT fun trying to deal with her and take care of Ellie. Talk about having your patience tested! Don't know if she had a fever because of a cold or if it was related to her "mouth illness", but she developed a fever on wednesday and stopped eating what little she ate in the first place and then even started complaining that drinking hurt, so I thought she had a sore throat. Finally on Saturday I looked at the roof of her mouth and she had a fingernail wedged into her gums behind her front tooth. No idea how long that was there, but as soon as I got that out she started eating again and has been in a better mood since. KIDS!
Nothing new with me. Just keeping up the day to day of being a SAHM with a toddler and newborn and living off brownies and chocolate chip cookies!

2 comments:

  1. Glad Whitney is feeling better! Both of your girls were teeny tiny at birth, than chubbed up during infancy then slimmed back down! You must have some goooood milk :) And in response to your question on my blog - yes that is a new coach purse - got a steal of a deal on it at the outlet! I love it! Looks like you and me both had some blog catching up to do today...glad that I'm done now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok jealous. Micah was doing the 4-4.5 hour thing then last week he dropped to, I kid you not, every two hours!! AHHHH! The last two nights he is going 4-4.5 hours for 2 stretches. So we are working our way back up. You are lucky. I wish my kids were sleepers.
    Love the noises and smiles...it makes all the other crap bearable. :)
    Gotta love the brownies. :) Makes for awesome milk.

    ReplyDelete