Monday, February 22, 2010

30

I turned 30 on friday. In my last few days in my 20's I started to feel like turning 30 was going to be some big momentous occasion. Not in the sense that I was going to have a big party or go out and celebrate, but in the sense that lighting might strike me or people would start to look at me like I was old. But then I realized that nobody is looking at me, my skin did not prune, and my body did not break down. It is just another day. We need to not focus on the number but how we feel and what we have accomplished in our life. To be proud of our life. To be happy with our life. I have to say I can't complain one bit. I have a wonderful husband, daughter, family and friends. Blah, blah blah, enough with the emotional bit...... The only picture taken all weekend to remind myself what being 30 looked like! My birthday fell on a friday so Wade was at work and I was home with Whitney. We played during the day as usual and Whitney was on good behavior. Wade got home at a reasonable hour so he made dinner for us of baked chicken, stuffing and sweet potato fries. Saturday we went up to Osage for lunch and a little shopping at the outlets. FYI, good sales at the GAP and BabyGAP right now! On the way out of town we stopped at a bowling ally. We bowl so much on the Wii that we had a false sense of professionalism for the game. Well, I did any way. On the Wii I bowl a 250. In real life, 90 and 58. Embarrassing!! We stayed for a second game and Whitney was done with the bowling alley and being passed back and forth as we bowled, so I blame the second game's performace on being distracted by a crying baby. It was a nice birthday weekend that I wouldn't have wanted to spend any other way.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Turning 30 wasn't bad for me either. I too thought I would be really emotional about it and feel the aging process begin immediatly. If I only I knew that would come not at 30...but now at 35! :) I do believe it is just a number- and your real age is just how you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete